Thursday, August 06, 2009
The new podcast is something a little different. As you loyal listeners know, Rachel and Todd were heavily influenced by the films of filmmaker John Hughes. His passing comes as a complete shock to us, but we wanted to share with you an audio memory of the moments and the music that shaped his films.
This is hardly a definitive collection, but we hope it serves as a tribute to the man that so many of our generation related to, laughed with and learned from.
Complete list of songs appearing in the show, and movies they came from:
• Kajagoogoo - Kajagoogoo
• If You Were Here - Thompson Twins
THE BREAKFAST CLUB
• Don't You Forget About Me - Simple Minds
• Tenderness - General Public
PRETTY IN PINK
• Positively Lost Me - The Rave Ups
• Thieves Like Us - New Order
FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF
• Please Let Me Get What I Want - The Dream Academy
SOME KIND OF WONDERFUL
• Can't Help Falling in Love - Lick the Tins
PLANES TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES
• Mogdigiani - Book of Love
SHE'S HAVING A BABY
• This Woman's Work - Kate Bush
• Rhythm of Life - Hugh Harris
• Nothin' on my Mind - Soho
As alway, this and every BEWARE OF THE BABYLON podcast can be automatically downloaded from iTunes here.
Please note, all songs contained within this podcast are for review purposes. Individually, you can find these songs and more via your local record store, Tower Records or downloadable on iTunes.